Harrison Smith is a name that strikes fear into the hearts of opposing offenses in the NFL. As an integral part of the Minnesota Vikings, this seasoned professional football player has showcased his exceptional skills and leadership on defense throughout his illustrious career.
II. Contract and Net Worth
When it comes to recognizing talent, teams are willing to invest big bucks, and Harrison Smith is no exception. Let’s take a closer look at his impressive contract extension ahead of the 2021 season:
- Four-Year Extension: In preparation for another exciting season with the Vikings, Harrison signed a four-year extension worth a staggering $64 million.
- Amongst Elite Safeties: This lucrative deal catapulted him to become one of the highest-paid safeties in the entire league!
- Second-Highest-Paid Safety: At that time, he held second place among all safety players when it came down to their contracts’ value.
- Incentives Await: Apart from earning 8 million base salary for 2023 alone, his outstanding performances also make him eligible for up to 8 million base salary for 2023 alone, his outstanding performance salso make him eligible for up to 2 million incentives according to information provided by the NFL Network.
But what does this mean for Harrison Smith’s net worth? Well…
His Impressive Net Worth:
With such substantial earnings coming from both salaries and endorsements over the years, it doesn’t come as a surprise that Harrison Smith’s estimated net worth reaches nearly $20 million. Here are some key points about how he achieved such financial success:
- Born To Be A Star: Hailing from Augusta, Georgia, Harrison began showcasing remarkable athleticism early in life, which ultimately led to him being named the Gatorade Football Player Of The Year while attending Knoxville Catholic High School located in Tennessee.
- College Success & Draft Day Dreams: After his high school accomplishments attracted attention from colleges across the country, including Notre Dame, where his standout performance earned notice, resulting in being drafted by the Minnesota Vikings as the #29 overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft.
- Multi-Million Dollar Deal: Inking a five-year deal worth $51.25 million with the Vikings back in 2016, Harrison Smith solidified his position among the league’s highest-paid safeties.
- Through His Eyes:
- “It’s an incredible feeling to be recognized for your hard work and dedication both on and off the field,” says Harrison, smilingly pointing out that it has allowed him to provide a better life for his family, including Madison, his wife, and Eleanor, their daughter.
In conclusion, Harrison Smith proves himself not only through his outstanding performance but also financially securing his future, ensuring comfort and stability throughout his career.
III. Personal Life: Wife and Family
Harrison Smith’s personal life is as remarkable as his football career. Let’s delve into the details of his loving family:
A Match Made in Childhood
- Love Blossoms: Harrison Smith found love early on with Madison Bankston-Smith, whom he tied the knot with in April 2021.
- Childhood Connections: Their story goes way back to their elementary school days when they were both members of a youth swim team.
- Not Love at First Sight: While it may not have been love at first sight, destiny had plans for these two souls.
Building a Beautiful Family
Together, Harrison and Madison are creating an amazing family unit:
- The couple welcomed their daughter Eleanor into this world, who brings joy to their lives every day.
Anchored by Home & Heart
- Residence Location: They currently reside together in Knoxville, Tennessee—a place that holds special meaning for them since it was where they began dating during Harrison’s time playing college football at Notre Dame.
In summary, Harrison Smith has built a strong foundation anchored deep within the bonds formed from childhood friendship, finding a lifelong partner, Madison. Together, they continue to create beautiful memories while raising their wonderful daughter, Eleanor.
IV. Professional Career Accomplishments
Harrison Smith’s professional career is a testament to his exceptional skills on the football field. Let’s explore some of his remarkable accomplishments:
A Viking Since Day One
- Loyal to Minnesota: Harrison Smith has been a vital member of the Minnesota Vikings since he was drafted by them in 2012.
Throughout his NFL journey, Harrison Smith has showcased extraordinary talent and achieved impressive milestones:
- Tackling Machine: With nearly 946 tackles under his belt throughout various seasons, Harrison’s ability to bring down opposing players is unmatched.
- Ball-Hawking Abilities: He boasts an incredible count of 34 interceptions—an indication of unrivaled skill when it comes to reading offenses and making game-changing plays.
- Versatility as a Pass Rusher: In addition to defending against passes, he excels at sacking quarterbacks with an impressive tally of 16.5 sacks.
Pro Bowl Regular
Smith consistently earned recognition for his outstanding performances:
- From 2015 through 2019: Five consecutive appearances at the prestigious Pro Bowl showcase that only top-tier players can achieve.
In addition, Harrison received accolades from experts recognizing him among elite tier defensive backs:
- First Team All-Pro (2017): His stellar play solidified him as one of the best safeties during this peak year.
- Second Team All-Pro (2018): Further cementing his status among the league’s elite servers.
With each season, Harrison continues to impress fans and coaches alike, providing leadership and on-field excellence while being a cornerstone of the Minnesota Vikings’ defense.
V. Pro Bowl Selections & All-Pro Honors
Harrison Smith’s exceptional skills and contributions to the game have earned him numerous accolades, including Pro Bowl selections and All-Pro honors:
Consistent Excellence at the Pro Bowl
- Five-Time Consecutive Selection: From 2015 to 2019, Harrison Smith was chosen for the annual NFL Pro Bowl five years in a row.
- This achievement showcases his consistent performance as one of the league’s top safeties during that period.
Recognized Among the Defensive Elite
In addition to his impressive string of Pro Bowl appearances, Harrison has also received recognition from experts as being among the best defensive backs:
- First Team All-Pro (2017): In this standout year, he solidified himself as one of the premier players at his position across all teams in the National Football League.
- Second Team All-Pro (2018): His remarkable performances continued into another season where he further proved himself worthy of elite status.
These awards validate Harrison’s impact on the field, supporting the notion that he is not only highly regarded by fans but also recognized by his peers as one of the most talented defensive players in the entire league.
VI. College Football Background
Before making a name for himself in the NFL, Harrison Smith had an impressive college football career at Notre Dame:
Rising Star from Freshman to Senior Year
- Redshirted as a Freshman: In 2007, Harrison took his first steps on campus but did not compete during games.
- Emergence as a Standout Player: The following year (2008), he quickly made strides and emerged as a star player.
Junior Year: Position Flexibility
During his junior year (in 2009), Harrison showcased versatility by playing multiple positions:
- He started six games at strong safety before transitioning to play strongside linebacker for the final six games of that season.
Impressive Final Season
In his senior year (2010) with the Fighting Irish, Harrison played primarily at strong safety and left an indelible mark:
- Impactful Stats: Throughout this remarkable season, he recorded an impressive total of 93 tackles, including leading the team in interceptions with seven picks.
- This stellar performance earned him recognition among the top defensive players across collegiate football.
Harrison’s college career at Notre Dame is marked by consistent on-field excellence and versatility, which led to impressive statistics. His play as a leader both through his performances and capturing attention not only from teammates but also NFL scouts.
VII. Jersey Number & Age
Harrison Smith’s jersey number and age are significant details that showcase his identity on the field:
- Jersey Number: 22: Harrison Smith proudly wears the number 22 on his Vikings uniform, representing him as he makes impactful plays.
- Current Age: 34 Years Old: Born on February 2nd, 1989, Harrison is currently thirty-four years old.
These identifiers help fans easily recognize and cheer for this talented safety when watching Minnesota Vikings games.
VIII. PFF Ranking
Pro Football Focus (PFF) provides comprehensive analysis of NFL players’ performances, including rankings based on their objective evaluations:
An Aging Star Still Shining Bright
Despite being in the later stages of his career, Harrison continues to command respect within defensive circles:
- Proving Critics Wrong: While critics may argue about aging playing a factor, his consistent impact cannot be denied.
- Team-Leading Interceptions: Harrison’s performance during the 2022 season stood out with a team-leading interceptions count despite struggles faced by the rest of the Vikings’ defense.
- Best Defensive Back?: Considering the current state of the Minnesota Vikings secondary, it would not come as a surprise if he starts and finishes the year as the team’s best defensive back.
This ranking reflects both praise for Harrison’s experience and leadership as well as acknowledges the challenges faced by the team in areas of coverage. As a result, it clearly indicates how much he will continue to contribute to the outcomes on the field.
Harrison Smith’s journey in the NFL has been nothing short of exceptional, both on and off the field. Let’s recap his impressive career:
A Defensive Dynamo
- On-field Brilliance: From making bone-crushing tackles to snatching interceptions with precision, Harrison Smith is a force to be reckoned with.
- Well-Earned Wealth: Through hard work, determination, and remarkable skills, Harrison has amassed an estimated net worth of nearly $20 million.
Personal Life & Family Ties
- Love Story Beyond the Gridiron: Harrison found love early in life, and his enduring bond with Madison Bankston-Smith has created a strong foundation for their family.
Professional Career Accomplishments
- Defensive Dominance: Harrison Smith’s tackling ability, ball-hawking skills, and versatility as a pass rusher highlight his exceptional talent on the field.
- Pro Bowl Regular: Five consecutive Pro Bowl appearances and All-Pro honors solidify his status among the league’s elite defensive backs.
College Football Background
- Rising Star: Harrison’s college career at Notre Dame showcased his versatility and leadership skills, earning him recognition as one of the top defensive players in collegiate football.
Jersey Number & Age
- Identity on the Field: Wearing number 22, Harrison Smith continues to make impactful plays at the age of thirty-four.
- Respected Veteran: Despite critics’ doubts, Harrison’s consistent impact and team-leading interceptions count demonstrate his value on the field.
Harrison Smith’s contributions to the game and his personal achievements make him a true legend in the world of football.